verveunofficial.freeforums.org

NORTHERN SOULS
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to verveunofficial

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: B sub, Festivals invites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:08 pm 

Nick McCabe's Not too happy about the lack of invites for UK festivals. The question is
How many organisers even know of B sub, Surely Nick and Co have to go looking for festivals? Not waiting to be asked.

Post subject: Re: B sub, Festivals invites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:54 pm 

Change my life wrote:
Nick McCabe's Not too happy about the lack of invites for UK festivals. The question is
How many organisers even know of B sub, Surely Nick and Co have to go looking for festivals? Not waiting to be asked.

Was under the impression they have both management (indeed isn't management now same as Ashcroft's?) and booking agent(s) - surely that's the job they're paid for?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:21 am 

Change my life wrote:

BS are a completely unknown/non-entity. Did you see what they had to try and charge for tickets for a UK tour to make it financially viable for themselves - of venues they wouldn't have been able to fill if tickets had been a fiver or even free? BS aren't a band of hungry musos eager to play - they're a band of mostly 90's veterans who want to get paid well for gigs as if they're successful.... but they're now in an unknown band with a fanbase of less than 50. And most Verve fans won't even like it - and that isn't only including UH fans either. People on here have it in for Ashcroft, but the BS album was shite and sunk without a trace!

Harsh but true.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:01 am 

Is Black Submarine even a fucking band anymore? The band members are always busy doing other projects and trying to work out the second album here and there.

New Shores was a huge disappointment, utterly forgettable album. David Rossi is the worst on vocals.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:34 am 

Are we saying "new shores" is worse then "these people"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:52 pm 

Change my life wrote:

No I wouldn't say that. These People is an awful record. I'm saying New Shores was a disappointment to me, the early montage they made with some of the tracks on the album sounded really promising but it just didn't do anything for me. Not my cup of tea. There's maybe 2 or 3 songs I could revisit unlike These People which has 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:32 pm 

New Shores made the mistake of trying to prove they were different from The Verve, starting the record with the enjoyable but somewhat anonymous industrial-goth songs Black Submarine and Here So Rain probably slowed some potential listeners from getting to the songs -- Heart First, Is This All We Feel, Heavy Day, etc. -- where McCabe and Jones deliver the sort of liquid soundscapes that people actually associate with them / want. A few songs in the second half might have benefited from some editing as well, but the album overall is criminally underrated and deserves more attention, along with the highlights from their other releases including the EP, Java Heat, and the Talk Talk and John Martyn covers.

Add the best of theirs to the best of UNOS and These People and you've got another classic Verve record...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:30 am 

Alex wrote:
Change my life wrote:

No I wouldn't say that. These People is an awful record. I'm saying New Shores was a disappointment to me, the early montage they made with some of the tracks on the album sounded really promising but it just didn't do anything for me. Not my cup of tea. There's maybe 2 or 3 songs I could revisit unlike These People which has 0

Alex, time to hang up your boots and find another band.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:55 am 
seanie boy

jadams503 wrote:

Add the best of theirs to the best of UNOS and These People and you've got another classic Verve record...

Quite possibly, the most ridiculous statement in the history of this forum.

And that is up against dome very stiff competition.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:45 pm 

[quote="Beef Waggly"][quote="Alex"][quote="Change my life"]Are we saying "new shores" is worse then "these people"

Couldn't you say that for the rest of RPA's detractors?

I'm here for the laughs, especially at the expense of RPA's shitty solo career. It gets even funnier when he takes himself seriously and arrogantly boasts about how great he is. Like ****.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:24 pm 

Alex wrote:
Beef Waggly wrote:

Couldn't you say that for the rest of RPA's detractors?

HE WOULDN'T DARE!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:46 pm 

Beef where is your review of These People?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:46 pm 

sean wrote:
jadams503 wrote:

Quite possibly, the most ridiculous statement in the history of this forum.

And that is up against dome very stiff competition.

"best of" in the same sentence with UNOS and These People...but then to say it could have been a classic Verve record! LOL! jadams never change buddy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:45 pm 

Alex wrote:
"best of" in the same sentence with UNOS and These People...but then to say it could have been a classic Verve record! LOL!

Are You Ready, Good Lovin, Royal Highness + This Is How It Feels, Hold On, Everybody Needs Somebody to Hurt, Picture of You, Black Lines (x better playing/production)

+ Heart First, Is This All We Feel?, Heavy Day (x better singing)

+ A new Verve jam or two

= Another great record