verveunofficial.freeforums.org

NORTHERN SOULS
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to verveunofficial

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Discount Tickets for Boston
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:01 pm 

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-richard-ashcroft
$18.
Must be a hot ticket.

"What you may hear: Ashcroft’s first-ever solo hit, “Song for the Lovers”, “Are You Ready?”, or his latest anthem off The Adjustment Bureau soundtrack, “Future’s Bright”."

His latest anthem ...

Post subject: Re: Discount Tickets for Boston
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:04 pm 

Half capacity incoming.

This is how they feel when hate it gets so real.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:22 pm 

I'd think less, at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:14 pm 

Joe Col wrote:

We'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:23 pm 

Thethirdreunion wrote:
Joe Col wrote:

We'll see.

I don't think it's selling well, which is why this deal is offered. I believe the venue holds about 2,500. I doubt he'll get anywhere near that, especially at the original ticket pricing, being about a week out of the date & absolutely no promo here in the States for his last album, which is coming up on a year old.
But, we'll see, yes. Contrary to what you may think, I'm not hoping for failure. But I do think he was overly ambitious with the venues he picked for this US tour. The NYC venue holds 3,000 & I've heard that it's not selling well, either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:13 pm 

Groupon?! That is a new low, surely.

I wouldn't be surprised if the US tour gets canned because of "illness."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:59 pm 

Out of interest, what size crowds has he drawn previously in the states?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:10 pm 
seanie boy

Groupon - fucking hell :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:41 pm 

choonin_in wrote:
Out of interest, what size crowds has he drawn previously in the states?

Last time around with The United Nations of Sound ( :lol: ) he played Bowery Ballroom, which has a capacity of around 500. Not sure if it was sold out or not, but it holds in that area.

Also, I have heard one of the shows scheduled for Oakland, California for this upcoming tour was dramatically downsized to a smaller venue.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:55 pm 

Its sad. My fav band ever - their lead singer is a groupon sale. Rich do you think if you reformed the verve you'd be a groupon sale?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 pm 

Joe Col wrote:
Thethirdreunion wrote:
Joe Col wrote:

We'll see.

I don't think it's selling well, which is why this deal is offered. I believe the venue holds about 2,500. I doubt he'll get anywhere near that, especially at the original ticket pricing, being about a week out of the date & absolutely no promo here in the States for his last album, which is coming up on a year old.
But, we'll see, yes. Contrary to what you may think, I'm not hoping for failure. But I do think he was overly ambitious with the venues he picked for this US tour. The NYC venue holds 3,000 & I've heard that it's not selling well, either.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:36 am 

Just checked his Twitter and Instagram - no mention of his US tour whatsoever. His Facebook page has one reference on Feb 27 to the NY show. Is there no budget for social media or can he just not be arsed?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:47 am 

https://business.facebook.com/RadioX/vi ... 135550604/

"I said to an interviewer in America the other day that, look, if I was dead, and, you said, ok, that guy who wrote those songs, we'll resurrect him on Wednesday in Chicago, there'd be people queuing around the street..."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:08 am 

patgarrett wrote:
https://business.facebook.com/RadioX/videos/10158500135550604/

"I said to an interviewer in America the other day that, look, if I was dead, and, you said, ok, that guy who wrote those songs, we'll resurrect him on Wednesday in Chicago, there'd be people queuing around the street..."

Queuing around the street for what?!?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:01 am 
neo-con killer

Joe Col wrote:
patgarrett wrote:
https://business.facebook.com/RadioX/videos/10158500135550604/

Queuing around the street for what?!?

to hear him play an acoustic version of beatitudes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:23 pm 

If there is a Groupon for the NYC show, it will help sway my decision to attend!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:51 pm 

As I recall the mighty Verve (Nick was gone by then, but how many new fans would know) had to move shows from Madison Square Garden to the much-smaller Hammerstein Ballroom at the height of their fame in 1998. Then, in 2008, they had to give away reunion tickets to NYU kids on the days of the concert around the time they headlined Coachella. So enjoy the schadenfreude if you wish but other than Bitter Sweet Symphony and arguably Lucky Man Verve and Ashcroft have always been underappreciated cult acts in the U.S. They are more popular with people in the industry and record critics than to the American public, whatever their crossover potential might once have been.

I'm not surprised to see some ticket sale issues, particularly places with fewer expats and aging hipsters than New York. Chicago folk have a taste for tasteful traditionalism so I'd think Richard will do OK there but I don't know about Boston or California.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:10 pm 

jadams503 wrote:
As I recall the mighty Verve (Nick was gone by then, but how many new fans would know) had to move shows from Madison Square Garden to the much-smaller Hammerstein Ballroom at the height of their fame in 1998. Then, in 2008, they had to give away reunion tickets to NYU kids on the days of the concert around the time they headlined Coachella. So enjoy the schadenfreude if you wish but other than Bitter Sweet Symphony and arguably Lucky Man Verve and Ashcroft have always been underappreciated cult acts in the U.S. They are more popular with people in the industry and record critics than to the American public, whatever their crossover potential might once have been.

I'm not surprised to see some ticket sale issues, particularly places with fewer expats and aging hipsters than New York. Chicago folk have a taste for tasteful traditionalism so I'd think Richard will do OK there but I don't know about Boston or California.

The NY show was moved to Hammerstein after Nick had left, but also after Massive Attack was no longer support. I was there for one of the gigs. Not sure if they did more than that one in NYC. This was also there second go round in the states supporting Urban Hymns, they were here the prior year of that & played smaller venues. I saw them in Irving Plaza in November of 1997. The show's at Hammerstein were in the summer of 1998, if memory serves. can't recall if the gigs were supposed to be in MSG or in the theater in MSG, which they played when they came in 2008.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:42 pm 

Joe Col wrote:
jadams503 wrote:

The NY show was moved to Hammerstein after Nick had left, but also after Massive Attack was no longer support. I was there for one of the gigs. Not sure if they did more than that one in NYC. This was also there second go round in the states supporting Urban Hymns, they were here the prior year of that & played smaller venues. I saw them in Irving Plaza in November of 1997. The show's at Hammerstein were in the summer of 1998, if memory serves. can't recall if the gigs were supposed to be in MSG or in the theater in MSG, which they played when they came in 2008.

Felt Forum I think was the original venue all along, I know they tend to dream big but no way would they try and book the real MSG.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:55 pm 

Lil ed wrote:
Joe Col wrote:
jadams503 wrote:

Felt Forum I think was the original venue all along, I know they tend to dream big but no way would they try and book the real MSG.

That's what I figured, but my memory is so hazy. I couldn't remember what it was called at that time. Was the WaMu Theatre when we saw them there in 2008. Used to be called the Paramount at one time, too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:24 pm 

Fucking LAWL @ Groupon!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't wait for his next album to be funded via Kickstarter. There will be a $3000 option to have dinner with Richard at a chip shop in Wigan to get some pea whet and included autographed gas mask. Then thethirdreunion is going to start plugging his GoFundMe page to raise the money to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:32 pm 

Alex wrote:

Laugh all you want, but I got great affordable tickets to take my kid to see Elmo & friends a few years back from them. And also, an unbelievable deal on some everyday cutlery!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:34 pm 

Joe Col wrote:
Alex wrote:

Laugh all you want, but I got great affordable tickets to take my kid to see Elmo & friends a few years back from them. And also, an unbelievable deal on some everyday cutlery!

And some cheap spa days for the wifey on top of that right?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:36 pm 

Alex wrote:
Joe Col wrote:
Alex wrote:

And some cheap spa days for the wifey on top of that right?

Haven't gone there. I don't want some stranger rubbing my wife down!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:41 pm 

Joe Col wrote:
Haven't gone there. I don't want some stranger rubbing my wife down!

Fair enough. :mrgreen:

I've always been wary of coupons for services sold on Groupon that might be false advertising when you end up with this: