verveunofficial.freeforums.org

NORTHERN SOULS
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to verveunofficial

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Echo Arena Liverpool - 7-12-2016
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:40 pm 

Photos:

Videos:

Science of Silence

These People

Check the Meaning

Space and Time

Lucky Man

Black Lines

This Is How It Feels

Music is Power

Sonnet

A Song For the Lovers

Out of My Body

Break the Night With Colour

Velvet Morning

They Don't Own Me

This is how they feel when hate it gets so real.

Post subject: Re: Echo Arena Liverpool - 7-12-2016
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:49 pm 

I was there.

I won't go into the circumstances that resulted in me ending up back at an RA solo gig. First one in 10 years.

First off, you're not gonna struggle to get hold of a ticket to an Ashcroft arena show. But I was quite shocked at how busy it was,  especially for someone who struggled to sell out the academy not too long ago. Unfortunately, there was the usual **** contingent in the crowd.

Taking to the stage wearing a glittery jacket (nope, not kidding), he launched into 'Out of my Body', seemingly reinventing himself as the new Madonna. I settled in for a long night.

It was a night of both the good and bad side of RA. Most of the new stuff went down surprisingly well, although 'Hold On' is some lowest common denominator ****. And literally no-one cares about 'These People' and 'Black Lines'.

The gas mask made more than one appearance I'm afraid.

The orchestra was utilised well, with a full version of 'Check the Meaning' played.   It passed the **** contingent by, but I was happy to hear it. That said, although an instrumental version of 'History' might have sounded like a good idea in the boardroom, it didn't really do anything for me.

He played no fewer than six UH songs, and I'm not ashamed to admit the orchestra kicking in on the outro to a solo acoustic DDW brought a smile to my face.

Extended jams on 'music is power' and 'science of silence' left me wishing he'd show more inventiveness on his albums.

I actually found myself warming to him by the end. He's a nostalgia act, for sure, and I've no interest in watching him perform BSS again. But, a good night overall.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:03 pm 

Excellent, thanks for posting. Must have been a great night

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:54 am 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNvR-wdhEZ0 ... rdashcroft

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:04 pm 

choonin_in wrote:
But, a good night overall.

Beef Waggly wrote:

No, it wasn't a great night. It was a good night. :?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:21 am 

mayfield2 wrote:
choonin_in wrote:
But, a good night overall.

Beef Waggly wrote:

No, it wasn't a great night. It was a good night. :?

Well, it's just your opinion, right?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:55 pm 

Thethirdreunion wrote:

What? That it was a good night rather than a great night?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:15 pm 

mayfield2 wrote:
Thethirdreunion wrote:

What? That it was a good night rather than a great night?

Yeah.

Edit: I got confused. I thought that the previous message was written by choonin_in not by you, mayfield92. My mistake!

Last edited by Thethirdreunion on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:36 pm 

I'd like to share with you more opinions that I've found on Internet:

bunchofpeopleIt's was amazing as always you are a pure genius

tishtash_60RA..... You are a master at this game. Awesome gig, took it to another level with the strings!! A brilliant birthday treat for me, with hubby, son and daughter in tow. A memory in my head and heart forever @richardashcroftofficial

stewrichoUnbelievable performance last night.. best gig ever!! Was a sooo good @richardashcroftofficial

tiffany_m21Love the new album Richard. Got it playing on repeat. Thank you for such a great night last night at the 02 - got £60 worth of Ashcroft money! What's the exchange rate?

knowlesy80You sure did, think we lost you for a while and it was amazing to see you in that other place #legend #musicispower #ashcroftispower

stevenhead8482Amazing performance

bishop_grahamWhat a nice .still onform

donnabailey43Absolutely smashed it @richardashcroftofficial LEGEND

louisewilson1975Brilliant night... I want to do it all again...x

[email protected] I've just woke up and am still buzzing over last night. Seriously I've been to see you about 10 times and I can put my hand on heart and say that was you at your absolute best and the heritage orchestra just took it to another level. Thank you

debbie.stevensAbsolutely brilliant night you are a totally legend, thank you for making my year!

hostygirlHope London was as good as Liverpool..Love you forever

sjorsrofficialAmazing night. Now go and restock the music is power shirts, gutted I didn't get one!

tbaker4435Inspiring, passionate, motivating! RA you are awesome! The best gig I've ever experienced. Thank you x

miss_debbs5The night was amazing and everything I had dreamed of, until next time xx

henrietaerikaaLast night was brilliant! Thank you!!!

wusiwug04The voice. The orchestra. The arrangement. The set list. The atmosphere. The emotion. The coming together to honour you for saving us with your poignant poetry. Singing 'Music is Power' in the O2 car park with a random fan and connecting in sheer unadulterated joy. for the memories @richardashcroftofficial #trueartist #manofthepeople

[email protected] Amazing night. Orchestra was stunning, RA was a superstar. If I could only listen to one musician for the rest of my life it would be RA.

eaglecat79Still got the fire Big Richard Lonely souls with orchestra was ridiculous! Thanks for another top night in your hands. We are on a rock.....

jasonpolivercfcAwesome night @richardashcroftofficial

xxgrxoWow just wow!!! You are the man!

watas123As beautiful as you were 20 years ago

swillie30Love you, you were awesome @richardashcroftofficial !

kirstydurkanGot shivers thinking about last night again! It was brilliant

abook21An amazing night. My hero.

rasf1991It was absolutely class

[email protected] loved that comment last night

robert_bowers1Best concert I've been too!!

darrencrouchWhat a night

jambobouncymanWords cannot echo how good this gig was last night! Thanks for playing history! These people has become equally as epic too! @richardashcroftofficial

carlfowler88Loved it!

gian0110Amazing Artist!!! Keeping it real with reasonably priced ticket prices too. Massive fans @richardashcroftofficial

agatarossinoRichard i love you

lubylou2uLEGEND !!!!!absolutely amazing

katieshamboAmazing night xx

lisab0406Brilliant ⭐️ Brilliant Orchestra ⭐️

mandysmagic01Best thing I've seen in years! Loved it @richardashcroftofficial

thechrispinnacleWow!!!!!!!! Unkle

alonewitheverybodyWhat a gig ! Fantastic best show I've ever seen thanks Rich

daviddexterlawrenceOne of the best gigs of my life. Never felt more alive #thisismusic

instagramblingAnother level @richardashcroftofficial thanks for a special night... definitely drew the battle lines for all those 'fakers'

stefdebravoThank you Richard the gig was super !!! Excellent musician performer as always we had a beautiful night !!!! Blessings

[email protected] best gig i've ever been to. Thank you so much Richard!!! #musicispower

clarewatto07Incredible gig!!

robbo1871Thanks @richardashcroftofficial for a great night.

rpwrltdQuality gig last night!

surrey_fitness_expertsMusic is power

vrsdudeFantastic gig, so glad I got to see it @richardashcroftofficial

dneary77Best gig I've ever been to . You sir are a legend @richardashcroftofficial #musicispower

swagggmanredYour record is my favorite of 2016, are you coming to San Francisco next year.

hacolobeachHistory was made,2016 they got it wrong,2017 you'll get it right can't wait til the next time that performance will live with me forever

thomas_the_cat_eyeIt was more than anything

leddygeeAmazing, thank you Richard x

[email protected] awsome gig best I've ever been to

Last edited by Thethirdreunion on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:43 pm 

Thethirdreunion wrote:

tishtash_60RA..... You are a master at this game. Awesome gig, took it to another level with the strings!! A brilliant birthday treat for me, with hubby, son and daughter in tow. A memory in my head and heart forever @richardashcroftofficial

stewrichoUnbelievable performance last night.. best gig ever!! Was a sooo good @richardashcroftofficial

tiffany_m21Love the new album Richard. Got it playing on repeat. Thank you for such a great night last night at the 02 - got £60 worth of Ashcroft money! What's the exchange rate?

knowlesy80You sure did, think we lost you for a while and it was amazing to see you in that other place #legend #musicispower #ashcroftispower

[email protected] I've just woke up and am still buzzing over last night. Seriously I've been to see you about 10 times and I can put my hand on heart and say that was you at your absolute best and the heritage orchestra just took it to another level. Thank you

debbie.stevensAbsolutely brilliant night you are a totally legend, thank you for making my year!

sjorsrofficialAmazing night. Now go and restock the music is power shirts, gutted I didn't get one!

tbaker4435Inspiring, passionate, motivating! RA you are awesome! The best gig I've ever experienced. Thank you x

miss_debbs5The night was amazing and everything I had dreamed of, until next time xx

wusiwug04The voice. The orchestra. The arrangement. The set list. The atmosphere. The emotion. The coming together to honour you for saving us with your poignant poetry. Singing 'Music is Power' in the O2 car park with a random fan and connecting in sheer unadulterated joy. for the memories @richardashcroftofficial #trueartist #manofthepeople

[email protected] Amazing night. Orchestra was stunning, RA was a superstar. If I could only listen to one musician for the rest of my life it would be RA.

eaglecat79Still got the fire Big Richard Lonely souls with orchestra was ridiculous! Thanks for another top night in your hands. We are on a rock.....

darrencrouchWhat a night

jambobouncymanWords cannot echo how good this gig was last night! Thanks for playing history! These people has become equally as epic too! @richardashcroftofficial

carlfowler88Loved it!

gian0110Amazing Artist!!! Keeping it real with reasonably priced ticket prices too. Massive fans @richardashcroftofficial

daviddexterlawrenceOne of the best gigs of my life. Never felt more alive #thisismusic

instagramblingAnother level @richardashcroftofficial thanks for a special night... definitely drew the battle lines for all those 'fakers'

stefdebravoThank you Richard the gig was super !!! Excellent musician performer as always we had a beautiful night !!!! Blessings

What are you? The Donald Trump of Ashcroft fan clubs?

And then he brings back the band for another new song that sounds more Andrew Lloyd Webber than titan of Britpop. It makes Ashcroft's farewell promise to return to our shores "soon" feel more like a threat than something to look forward to

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:47 pm 

jes wrote:
Thethirdreunion wrote:

darrencrouchWhat a night

carlfowler88Loved it!

Just a guy that created a thread about an Ashcroft concert in the Ashcroft section of a forum, and wants to share the comments of the people that went there. What a strange thing I did. :mrgreen: :roll:

I know that some people here would have liked it to be a complete disaster, but it seems that it wasn't.

PS. What are you? The Mariano Rajoy of Ashcroft haters fan club?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:52 pm 

Thethirdreunion wrote:
jes wrote:
Thethirdreunion wrote:

darrencrouchWhat a night

carlfowler88Loved it!

Just a guy that created a thread about an Ashcroft concert in the Ashcroft section of a forum, and wants to share the comments of the people that went there. What a strange thing I did. :mrgreen: :roll:

I know that some people here would have liked it to be a complete disaster, but it seems that it wasn't.

I couldn't give a crap if it was a disaster or a fuckin' semen-induced ashcroft wank-fest ... but what is your right to challenge choonin in on his own personal experience, as if to suggest he's wrong to have one???

And then he brings back the band for another new song that sounds more Andrew Lloyd Webber than titan of Britpop. It makes Ashcroft's farewell promise to return to our shores "soon" feel more like a threat than something to look forward to

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:59 pm 

[quote="jes"]I couldn't give a crap if it was a disaster or a fuckin' *****-induced ashcroft ****-fest ... but what is your right to challenge choonin in on his own personal experience, as if to suggest he's wrong to have one???

Oh Jesus... Seriously do I have to explain this?

I respect Choonin's opinion. I didn't say anything against him, I just suggested that it was his OWN opinion. So I just wanted to show more points of view that I found on the Instagram account related to the concert. I don't see anything bad in doing that. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:17 pm 

From yesterday's show, London O2 - Dec 9:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:27 pm 

Surely, we don't need go back to putting "imo" at the end of every sentence we post on here.

I forgot to say his voice sounded superb. My only criticisms were that most of the new material is weak (This is... & They don't... were enjoyable enough, though), and that I'm bored of hearing the big 4 being played.

And the glitter jacket/gas mask combo makes him look like a twat. Imo.

jes wrote:

Fucking hell :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:30 pm 

He played "Lonely Soul" yesterday. 8-)

Amazing! IMO! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:44 pm 

[quote="choonin_in"]Surely, we don't need go back to putting "imo" at the end of every sentence we post on here.

I forgot to say his voice sounded superb. My only criticisms were that most of the new material is weak (This is... & They don't... were enjoyable enough, though), and that I'm bored of hearing the big 4 being played.

And the glitter jacket/gas mask combo makes him look like a ****. Imo.

Did he also play "Lonely Soul" last Wednesday?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:40 pm 

What a fucking wanker. Those Ca$hcroft notes....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:05 pm 

Lil ed wrote:

Now, is that a fact or just your opinion?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:09 pm 

Thethirdreunion wrote:
jes wrote:
I couldn't give a crap if it was a disaster or a fuckin' semen-induced ashcroft wank-fest ... but what is your right to challenge choonin in on his own personal experience, as if to suggest he's wrong to have one???

I respect Choonin's opinion. I didn't say anything against him, I just suggested that it was his OWN opinion. So I just wanted to show more points of view that I found on the Instagram account related to the concert. I don't see anything bad in doing that. :roll:

Kind of disrespectfull to Choonin, though. Seems like the point of posting a ton of messages is to show him that he should have liked it more than he actually did? I don't know the guy, but sure he is an adult with his own opinion of the gig he actually attended, which you didn't.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:35 pm 

mayfield2 wrote:
Lil ed wrote:

Now, is that a fact or just your opinion?

We need a poll.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:34 am 

mayfield2 wrote:
Thethirdreunion wrote:
jes wrote:

Kind of disrespectfull to Choonin, though. Seems like the point of posting a ton of messages is to show him that he should have liked it more than he actually did? I don't know the guy, but sure he is an adult with his own opinion of the gig he actually attended, which you didn't.

TheThirdReunion wrote:
Edit: I got confused. I thought that the previous message was written by choonin_in not by you, mayfield92. My mistake!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:43 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:14 am 

No 'Lonely Souls' at Liverpool.

Damn southerners always get more than us up north. Must be a London weighting thing.

Lol @ the bank notes. Who's actually going to buy them?

3rdreunion: have you been to an RA gig?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:51 pm 

choonin_in wrote:

3rdreunion: have you been to an RA gig?

I'm trying to imagine what this forum would look like if thethirdreunion had actually been to an RA gig.