verveunofficial.freeforums.org

NORTHERN SOULS
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to verveunofficial

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Last Verve Performance
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:30 am 

Last phrase that Ashcroft sang was... "These feelings are oh so rare".

This is how they feel when hate it gets so real.

Post subject: Re: Last Verve Performance
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:40 pm 

watching this now, i've never seen it before. that version of sonnet is astounding - Nick, Richard and Pete all look so happy during the outro!

they didn't know this would be the last performance though, and Major Force and All Night Long were recorded after this if an unattributed piece of information of Wikipedia is to be trusted.

it's shocking to watch this after Richard's recent performances in South America. He's a different person when Nick, Pete, and Si are there.

Post subject: Re: Last Verve Performance
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:05 pm 

this whole performance is amazing, Rather Be in particular. It's such a shame that they didn't tour Forth because the songs that they did play were so much better live. The always were, but the difference is more dramatic with that album than the others. Also I just love how they were playing in 2008 - heavy and funky, and Nick was at his best. Everyone was at their best then; they were all playing (and singing) so well, and Richard was magnetic. It's is my favorite live era after 92-93.

Remember how incredible the reunion announcement was? "The Verve are back playing shows, making a new album, oh and here's a free 15 minute long jam!" I probably listened to it four or five times that night. It was a miracle that they got back together then - who's to say it won't happen again! Not that I'm hopeful in the least, but right now I choose to dream of the Verve reuniting rather than the horrors of a Trump presidency.