verveunofficial.freeforums.org

NORTHERN SOULS
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to verveunofficial

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: promotion campaign
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:41 pm 

Time for us fans to do the promotion are selves. Posting videos on other bands forums, Facebook pages.
I want a tour festival appearances,and a second album.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:19 am 

Looks like it's down to me then.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:33 pm 

come in your dreams wrote:
Time for us fans to do the promotion are selves. Posting videos on other bands forums, Facebook pages.
I want a tour festival appearances,and a second album.

I'd already been doing this, certainly with my own FB/Instagram/YouTube/Twitter - I guess and hope we all share your wishes. Did you make the Bristol gig?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:23 pm 

Had tickets for Preston, must of been serious problems with their management to cancel the tour.
The band took ages to get new shores out then kept quiet about it. Davide Rossi's website and Facebook page's dont even mention he's in b sub very strange. Pitty the nme don't like them as much as noel Gallagher.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:27 pm 

Ps can only think the reason that their not playing any festivals is financial.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:58 pm 

Maybe the project has been shelved? They've dis-banded? Are on hiatus, like the Verve?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:13 pm 

rolling person wrote:
Maybe the project has been shelved? They've dis-banded? Are on hiatus, like the Verve?

They certainly seem active from Nick's FB posts - albeit remotely - sending song ideas back and forth.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:16 pm 

Had tickets for Preston, must of been serious problems with their management to cancel the tour.
The band took ages to get new shores out then kept quiet about it. Davide Rossi's website and Facebook page's dont even mention he's in b sub very strange. Pitty the nme don't like them as much as noel Gallagher.

Bristol was a great gig. Getting the word out is pretty difficult these days. Do many Verve fans know they exist? Or do they all know and mostly not care?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:03 pm 

I think the sad truth behind the band's lack of activity or appearances is that the demand for it just isn't there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:19 pm 

B sub are not well known granted, there's lots of festivals with bands that most alternative music fans wouldn't of heard of. None of these have ex verve and Coldplay members. Don't get it myself

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:58 am 

I had thought about that before, regarding festivals. Wondered why they hadn't gone that route. There really are a lot of them and a good way to gain exposure. I hope we hear more from them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:14 pm 

WanderingSoul wrote:
I think the sad truth behind the band's lack of activity or appearances is that the demand for it just isn't there.

How dare you wandering soul. If people hear b sub people will buy b sub,just need a spark to get things going.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:34 pm 

[quote="come in your dreams"][quote="WanderingSoul"]I think the sad truth behind the band's lack of activity or appearances is that the demand for it just isn't there.

How dare you wandering soul. If people hear b sub people will buy b sub,just need a spark to get things going.

There have been and are many better bands than Black Sub who have failed to achieved even moderate mainstream success.

Their first album was okay but nothing spectacular, there's a few tracks which are largely forgettable.

Add to that, they're not young kids who can pour their life and soul into plugging their band 24/7, touring every few months. They're middle aged adults with families and full time jobs and they have to work their band commitments around that.

The Black Sub fanbase are the McCabe and Jones fanbase, who in all honesty wouldn't give it a second thought to trade it in for a Verve reunion, you can't even really call that a fanbase. The band themselves don't really have any character, the music does, and they're brilliant musicians, but they're modest people without a stand out character which makes them identifiable. It took them 6 years and a name change to release their first album which they had to produce and release themselves, funded by fan pledges, they're hardly a record label's wet dream.

At best they'll find a niche success, which is nothing to be ashamed about. If their music and live performances are good enough they'll always be able to play gigs in front of an enthused and loyal crowd. But if they're doing it for fame and money (which I don't think they are), then they may as well throw in the towel now. Although if Black Sub want a fanbase of their own they need to get a lot more active than one album and a handful of gigs in 6 years. I scarcely see any sort of update from them on social media, most info comes from Nick posting as The Verve page. Those updates need to come from Black Sub, to turn the Verve clingers on into real fans of the band. They need to step out of Verve's shadow, which they've done musically, but not commercially.

They need to get themselves out there, organise a some dates, and release some music, apparently they had two or three albums worth in 2010, it wont do the band any good for it to sit idly on Nick's hard drive. Given how long it took them to get off the ground it's ridiculous that they've dropped off radar again, they need momentum. Indie bands used to release EPs inbetween albums to keep their sound out there and that's exactly what Black Sub need to do.

There's a second album in the works, although unless you trawl through a host of comments on The Verve's fanpage, or post on here, you wouldn't know that. It's **** poor promotion, and if they're not willing to promote themselves, why the **** should anybody else?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:48 pm 
seanie boy

[quote="Trippy"]
There's a second album in the works

I'm not falling for that **** again. Will someone give me knock in 2021?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:15 am 

Trippy wrote:
They need to get themselves out there, organise a some dates, and release some music, apparently they had two or three albums worth in 2010, it wont do the band any good for it to sit idly on Nick's hard drive. Given how long it took them to get off the ground it's ridiculous that they've dropped off radar again, they need momentum. Indie bands used to release EPs inbetween albums to keep their sound out there and that's exactly what Black Sub need to do.

This is dead on. Nick / they need to go on a Bandcamp release blitz.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:01 pm 

As fans cant we just request b sub songs on various radio stations. Text and email them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:48 pm 

From Nick:
"Album 2 from Black Submarine should be out sometime this year."

Incredibly exciting news, but take it with a grain of salt, obviously. Life's too damn busy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:56 am 

Permanent Starlight wrote:
From Nick:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:32 am 
seanie boy

As sweet as it is, any 'promotion' from the well intentioned souls on here is pissing in the wind.

The band need a 'Beautiful' Dave Boyd on the inside. Sadly, such people don't exist anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:20 pm 

Permanent Starlight wrote:
From Nick:

Incredibly exciting news, but take it with a grain of salt, obviously. Life's too damn busy.

Hopefully they get some backing behind it for proper promotion.
I don't think they were happy with the pledgemusic outcome as far as promotion, as it's nonexistent once the album is complete & out & solely up to the band & the fan base while it's going on. Hopefully their new management will have things sorted & in place for them when the new disc is ready.
They really got fucked over when it came to the Bunnymen tour & such. Really hope it works for them next go round, as they truly deserve it. As talented & as down to earth & humble people that they are, they really deserve the success.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:23 pm 

sean wrote:
As sweet as it is, any 'promotion' from the well intentioned souls on here is pissing in the wind.

The band need a 'Beautiful' Dave Boyd on the inside. Sadly, such people don't exist anymore.

Nice mention there mate.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:01 pm 

Where was the quote from nick from ?
Great news if true.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:43 pm 

I doubt it was anything to do with management, and more to do with an unknown band doing an overly extensive UK tour with tickets at £20. If they'd done 4 dates across the UK with tickets at £8 in 200 capacity venues, they'd have still been struggling to fill them. If there had been the demand, the gigs would have be re-arranged pronto.

Joe Col wrote:

Hopefully they get some backing behind it for proper promotion.
I don't think they were happy with the pledgemusic outcome as far as promotion, as it's nonexistent once the album is complete & out & solely up to the band & the fan base while it's going on.

How would a band that is for all intent and purpose inactive get any kind of backing from anywhere? They have done nothing to build up a fanbase and are not willing to put their hands in their pockets to tour. I understand they are older and have family commitments and being in a band is financially risky, but then if they aren't able to put any money into it, it's dead on arrival. Any prospective record label will look at their history and how few people "Pledged" for their debut album and walk away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:06 am 

Looks like Black submarine are not playing any festivals this year.
Britain has close to a thousand music festivals and b sub are not playing any. Defies belief.the
Lack of self promotion is staggering .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:56 pm 

Run silent, run deep.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next