verveunofficial.freeforums.org

NORTHERN SOULS
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to verveunofficial

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: The Black Ships (Nick and Si's New Band)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:20 am 

Lil ed wrote:
Wilst looking at Nick's FB page I found this recent entry from one RPA;

"thanks for the add Nick ;) good luck with Black Submarine"

Good to see RA's being a good sport!

Check the guys profile. Unless I'm wrong, this RPA (a fan) has a bio in Spanish, writes in Spanish, with Rpalatino in parenthesis next to his profile name (Richard Paul...), and has a daughter. Check for yourself though. Would've been nice too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 pm 

Just found this on their facebook page from blacksubmarine.. News coming soon... in the meantime, the latest on the film is that its US release date has been announced as May 10th, UK release date to be confirmed soon..
Well some news at last

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 am 

The Verve on facebook:

"Si Jones and Nick McCabe's new band Black Submarine completed their debut album last week.

The band also features Davide Rossi on Vocals and Strings (He previously aided the likes of Coldplay and Goldfrapp as well as The Verve with his playing and arranging) Amelia Tucker on Co-vocal duties and Mig Schillace on Drums

Over the next few weeks we will be letting everyone here get a peak at the new material sharing links and giving away a download of the first track.

Until Then thanks for reading.

black submarine 2013."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:47 pm 

This thread and news of the band forming broke 4 years ago. Feels like something that should be mentioned...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:49 am 

Daniel wrote:
This thread and news of the band forming broke 4 years ago. Feels like something that should be mentioned...

4 years ago? Blimey, even by vervelike timelines that's long.
They're consistent the buggers are.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:21 am 

In my opinion the best songs they have released so far are the remix of Strange Hours and the cover version of Renée.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:03 am 

Here is some news late last year from Nick's FB page;

Just accepted for my MSc in music tech at Stafford, will also be giving lectures there early next year. Quite excited but y'all didn't buy enough Black Sub records. lol.
Will try not to disappear up my own rectum chasing the INA/GRM Parmegiani dream.

and a few more of Nick's comments:

Remember, I had login to Pledge. I recognised every name on the purchase list. Thanks to all our lovely facebook friends it sold at all. Pledge's reach doesn't extend further than your activity. Please warn any of your friends contemplating this route. Profit after the Pledge campaign? Zero.

Cheers everyone. Maybe I'll stop pontificating so much on here with someone to talk to (sniff).
Back Sub is ongoing. More time and excuses for me to get this backlog and daily output out somehow. (Will be genning up on mastering also, so no excuses now).
My first lecture will be "'ow fot be reet psychedelic like"

Cheers. New album on the way. Big Life looking after our affairs now albeit at a push. Fingers crossed for 2015

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:06 pm 

Lil ed wrote:
Profit after the Pledge campaign? Zero.

Utter travesty.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:29 pm 

Thanks for sharing, that's really interesting news. I wonder if Nick's lectures will be recorded and put up on YT? That'd be amazing.

Heard it to the grapevine that the band is working on some mixes for Fly and Careless now, which is great news.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24